What is the scheduler?
The scheduler is where you schedule and manage your sessions and recordings. It is the Ultra experience of the Session Administration System (SAS). Here you'll encounter an intuitive design for scheduling sessions in the Ultra experience and viewing recordings.
Set the date for your session, the designated start and stop times, and then send the link to your students. Just access Blackboard Collaborate from your browser and log in to begin.
You must have a URL and login credentials from your institution to use this scheduler.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help for the Session Administration System (SAS).
What can I do in the scheduler?
Create new meeting sessions: Select Create Session. Add the name, date, and time of your meeting. You can also decide if you want to allow recording downloads. To learn more, see Create and Edit Sessions.
Update meeting information: Need to adjust the time or date, or invite a guest? Point to a meeting to edit the meeting.
Start your meeting: Select the name of the meeting when you are ready to start.
Search for meetings: Have several meetings scheduled? Select Search to filter the meeting list. Type a specific session name or date.
View Recordings: Select Recordings to view your recordings. To learn more, see Record Sessions.
Update your account information: Go to your profile to update your personal information and change your password.
View Session Attendance Reports: Find the session you want to see a report on, and select the Sessions options menu. Select View reports. To learn more, see Session attendance report.
Create and edit sessions
From the Sessions list, select Create Session. Give the session a name.
The event needs some basic details before creating.
- Set the date and time the session starts and ends. You can choose to keep a session open or repeat. You can also select if students can enter the session prior to the start time.
Collaborate uses your computer’s local time zone for session start and end times.
- Type a detailed description of the meeting. This helps students find the right session.
If you expect over 250 attendees in your session, you must submit a large session request to the Collaborate support team on Behind the Blackboard. Submit the request BEFORE the session begins.
Decide who can do what in your sessions.
- Allow recording downloads from the Recordings page as well as on the recording play back page.
- Show the profile pictures of moderators only.
- Allow participants to use audio, video, chat, and the whiteboard editing tools.
- Allow users to join the session using a telephone for their audio.
Join and invite others to your session
Select a session to open to open the session details. The information you need to join or share the session is immediately after the session name.
- Guest access is on by default. Clear the Guest access check box to turn it off.
- Copy and send the copy of the guest link to your students, or other guests.
Session links can be long and break when sent. Use a URL shortening service, such as TinyURLTM, to create a short alias for your session.
- Decide if guests join as a participant, presenter, or moderator. Not sure of which permissions to grant someone? Don't worry. Permissions can also be set during your meeting.