Add a New Course
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Courses > Manage courses and categories
There are many settings available when adding a new course manually. To learn more about advanced settings, see Advanced Course Settings.
- From Site administration select Courses and Manage courses and categories.
- Select the category where you want to add the course.
- Select Create new course.
- In the Edit course settings page, configure the General information about the course. A course full name, short name, and category are required.
- Type the name of the course in the Course full name box.
- Type the short name of the course in the Course short name box.
- Update the Course category if needed.
- Determine if the course is Visible in the website course list.
- Select the first week of the course in the Course start date box.
- If you normally upload courses, type the Course ID number from your external tool.
- Configure the course details in the Description area:
- Type the full Course summary as a description.
- Upload an image in the Course summary files box. Select the Add icon to search for and upload a course image.
- Select Save changes.
- Enroll an instructor in the course from the Enrolled Users page:
- Select Enroll users.
- From the Enroll users dialog, select Teacher from the Assign roles list.
- If you know the name of the instructor, type the name in the Search box.
- Select Enroll for the user you want to set as the instructor for the course.
- Select Finish enrolling users.
- To update the instructor's role for the course, select the Roles box and select any additional roles to add to the instructor.
Add courses from a template
It's possible to specify a course and its settings to use as a template for future courses.
Site Administration > Courses > Upload courses
Use an existing course as a template
Create or locate the course you want to use as a template. Make a note of its shortname. You need to use this shortname later in the process.
- Create your course .csv file. View Upload courses for course mappings and required fields.
- Upload the .csv file and select Preview.
- Type the shortname of your template course in Restore from this course after upload or upload a backup of your template course.
- Select Upload courses.