Find out about the latest updates in Blackboard Instructor. Administrators can get more details in the Blackboard Instructor Release Notes.
- Fixed course announcements issue where accessing file links prompted users to log in again.
- Fixed issue where Google logins failed for institutions with Google authentication.
- Fixed issue where Collaborate Ultra sessions couldn't launch from web links in course content.
- Fixed issue where the app crashed when HTML files were accessed on devices running iOS 11.
- Fixed issue where some iOS push notifications didn't link directly to course content.
- Fixed issue where instructors couldn't sent announcements on Android devices.
- Fixed issue where instructors couldn't open recurring Collaborate sessions from the app.
We added support for Face ID and Touch ID on iOS. On Android devices, you can use your fingerprint to log in.
We also squashed some bugs and made minor improvements behind the scenes.
We updated the Blackboard Instructor app to support iOS 13+. Users should update to iOS 13.1 and to the latest version of the Blackboard Instructor app for the best experience.
In this release we've squashed some bugs and made some improvements.
- Resolved issue where opening LTI content in the app showed a message about 3rd party cookies.
Push Notification Management
For Blackboard Learn environments with the Ultra experience enabled, users can manage push notifications right from the app. Settings specified in the app are reflected in the web view of Blackboard Learn and vice versa.
We improved support for SCORM content and due dates in the app. We improved support for SCORM content and due dates in the app. If you don't see these improvements, your school's system may need an upcoming Blackboard Learn update.
For Ultra courses, the course overview's Due Dates section now includes Discussions. We also fixed several bugs.
We've introduced a new and improved Collaborate experience! When you join a session to meet virtually with course members, you have access to a more robust set of tools.
Check out the app enhancements for Ultra courses! We improved support for multimedia that's embedded in documents and content.
iOS & Android
- Fixed issue where multimedia didn't display in discussion forum descriptions
- Fixed issue where HTML files didn't render properly
- Fixed truncation of course information for some languages
- Fixed issue where logins were recorded multiple times in administrator reports
If your institution has the Ultra experience, your institution's logo displays in the app.
- Fixed issue where some videos were not playing in documents and content
- Fixed issue where VoiceOver wasn’t working properly in discussion boards
- Fixed issue where text size was too small in content
iOS and Android
This release includes bug fixes and other minor improvements for iOS and Android.
The ability to email instructors from the app's course outline is disabled to better align with institutional communication policies. Students can email instructors in the web view of Blackboard Learn if their institution has enabled that capability.
iOS and Android
In this release, we added support for Ultra course learning modules. Now you can view learning modules for both Ultra and Original courses in the app.
We also added push notifications for discussion boards in Ultra courses, which will appear in the app when Learn SaaS 3600.0 releases to production. These are the first push notifications available in Blackboard Instructor.
More on push notifications
Resolves issue where characters in non-English languages didn’t render appropriately in announcements and discussions.
iOS and Android
Improved support for rich text and media in the announcement and discussion board tools for Original courses.
With app switching in iOS, a static Blackboard Instructor app splash page is now shown in the collection of recently used apps. The splash page replaces the former behavior of showing a screenshot of the current state of the app. This improvement ensures information security.
- We expanded your cloud storage options by integrating Apple Files. Now you can choose from a variety of cloud storage providers when you upload media and files into courses.
- Nynorsk language support.
- Nynorsk language support
- Bug fixes and improvements
The Blackboard Instructor app helps instructors and graders easily identify courses where they need to grade student submissions. They can review, annotate, and grade submissions and quickly publish the grades back to students.
The initial release of the app's grading feature is available for assignments in Original courses only. At this time, your institution needs Blackboard Learn SaaS. Users need devices running Android 4.2+ or iOS 9+.
When instructors add tool links to Original courses, such as grades or announcements, users see the tool in the app instead of on a responsive web browser page.
- Enhanced support for viewing PDFs in the app
- Improved pinch and zoom support for embedded documents in iFrames
- YouTube videos can be viewed full-screen
This hotfix resolves extra padding issue in multiple tools introduced in newer versions of Blackboard Learn.
Need to add media or files to a discussion while on the go? You can now attach files from your device or cloud storage to discussion posts. If you don’t see this feature immediately, don’t worry. We’re working with your institution to make it available.
We made some improvements for users on Android 8.0+.
Are you on the go and need to conduct a Collaborate Ultra session? Collaborate sessions are now listed inside of your courses! Tap the Collaborate tool, select the session, and instantly join the virtual classroom.
iPhone X users have an optimized experience in the Blackboard Instructor app.
Enjoying the Blackboard Instructor app? Make sure you rate us and leave a review!
You can now download course files and view them offline when you have limited or no internet connectivity.
We also fixed some bugs in this release.
Looking for older information?
Check out the Blackboard Instructor What's New Archive for more information on past releases.