Name: Blackboard Instructor 2.11.1
Date Updated: October 2, 2019
Improvements in this release
We squashed some bugs and made minor improvements.
Name: Blackboard Instructor 2.11
Date Updated: September 25, 2019
Improvements in this release
We added support for Face ID and Touch ID on iOS. On Android devices, you can use your fingerprint to log in.
We also squashed some bugs and made minor improvements behind the scenes.
We updated the Blackboard Instructor app to support iOS 13+. Users should update to iOS 13.1 and to the latest version of the Blackboard Instructor app for the best experience.
|Blackboard Learn Minimum Versions||Q2 2018 | Q4 2018 | Q2 2019 or Blackboard Learn SaaS*
*The Blackboard Instructor app functions in a limited capacity on older Blackboard Learn releases. Some features may not be available or fully functional on these releases: October 2014 | Q4 2015 | Q2 2016 | Q4 2016 | Q2 2017 | Q4 2017
|Mobile Web Services Building Block||
Blackboard recommends using version 94.9.12+ of the Mobile Web Services Building Block to ensure the best experience with the Blackboard Instructo app. The Mobile Web Services Building Block must be activated and registered with the Mobile Central Service to use the Blackboard Instructor app. To learn more, see Release Notes for Mobile Web Services (available in English and Spanish only).
Mobile Web Services Building Block 94.9.6 is required for versions prior to Q4 2015.
|Device OS||iOS 11+
Markets and verticals
Blackboard Instructor is available in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and parts of the Asia pacific region. The app is available to NAHE, ProEd, and K-12 clients for iOS and Android.
Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that enables instructors to view course content, grade assignments, connect with students in discussions, and interact with their classes in Blackboard Collaborate. Users see all their current courses where they're enrolled as an instructor, TA, course builder, or other custom role.
See the Blackboard Instructor feature guide for a list of tools and capabilities in the app.
Additional notes for administrators:
- Institutions can add custom logos
- The ability to email instructors from the app's course outline is disabled to better align with institutional communication policies.
- Supports push notifications.
- Supports Apple Files on iOS devices. Learn more about cloud storage services and the app.
- Grade assignments in the app. Learn more about the availability of grading.
- Attach files to discussion posts and schedule announcements and send email copies of announcements. Check the minimum system requirements for discussion attachments and new announcement features.
- The app is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Windows version of the app moved to maintenance mode in January 2018 and no longer adds new features. Critical issues and technical updates to support integrations and OS requirements will continue. Collaborate isn't supported on the Windows version of the app.
- In-app prompt for user reviews shows on the Courses list and Organizations list when users have interacted with the app for a minimum time period. After users leave a review or dismiss the prompt, it doesn't show again.
- Users can download and view course files offline. Check the minimum B2 requirements for the offline content feature.
- The app supports courses, organizations, and custom roles. the Mobile Web Services Building Block version 94.9.8+ is required for organizations and custom roles.
- You can use custom labels for login fields, to make it clear what credential to use.
- Collaborate Ultra sessions are listed within courses in the app. Collaborate sessions support up to 500 participants. Android and iOS moderators can record sessions.
- See Supported Files in Mobile Apps for a list of supported file types by platform.
- Blackboard Instructor contains data caching for portions of the application. Here are the Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) cache expiration times:
- 30-second expiration on the course list and course overview. This expiration is user specific.
- 120 minutes on basic course information such as course id, name, and description. This expiration is system wide.
- 120 minutes on school search with MLCS. This expiration is system wide.
The language of the app comes from the device's operating system, not the Blackboard Learn language preference. Language settings affect the app interface, but not course content.
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- UK English
- US English
Blackboard recommends using version 94.9.12+ of the Mobile Web Services building block to ensure the best experience with Blackboard Instructor. The Mobile Web Services building block must be activated and registered with the Mobile Central Service to use Blackboard Instructor. To learn more, see Release Notes for Mobile Web Services (available in English only).
Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS).
Instructors can follow these steps to download and install the Blackboard Instructor app.
- From your device, access the appropriate online store.
- Search for Blackboard Instructor.
- Install the app on your mobile device.
- Open Blackboard Instructor and search for the full name of your institution.
If you’re unable to find your institution, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer.
If you have questions, please reach out to our Client Support team on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only).
*Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
©2019 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC