Filter the list of features to learn more.
Follow this page to get email updates when we publish new functional testing notes
Blackboard commits to delivering product experiences that meet the global accessibility standards. As part of this commitment, Blackboard includes functional testing in our accessibility audit. Functional tests consists of screen reader users attempting tasks using mainly JAWS. They test new functionality that is available and common tasks. For example, creating an assignment as an instructor or taking a test as a student. These functional tests give Blackboard feedback on where our applications could use improvement. Blackboard uses this feedback to prioritize fixing accessibility issues.
The following is what we tested.
Ally instructor features tested in 2022
- Access to the instructor feedback icon
- Instructor Feedback panel
- Instructor Feedback toolbar
- What This Means carousel slide
- How to Fix carousel slide
- Upload a document section
- How to Fix PDF documents adding a library reference panel
- Accessing WYSIWYG Instructor Feedback
- WYSIWYG Instructor Feedback panel
- Course Accessibility Report Overview tab
- Course Accessibility Report Content tab
- Course Accessibility Report Easiest Issues to Fix section
- Course Accessibility Report Low Scoring content section
- Course Accessibility Report Remaining Issues section
Instructor Feedback panel and toolbar
Course Accessibility Report Overview tab