The Blackboard Learn Communication and Adoption Toolkit is a collection of resources that Blackboard recommends using when upgrading to a new version of Blackboard Learn, specifically Service Pack 10 and later. These tools will help you generate excitement and drive adoption of the new features among your learning community.
If you are upgrading to Service Pack 10 or 11, your first step is to review the Cloud FAQs for helpful information about some of the new features available to you.
Building a communication plan from the ground up takes time. That's why we've developed a checklist to help guide your strategy. You can download and customize this checklist to fit your needs, and it's workable for all Service Pack upgrades.
Customizable email templates to build excitement and share specific information about the new Blackboard Learn features and updates. Specifically designed for Service Pack 10 but can be edited to fit other upgrade needs.
Email Template for Students.docx
Email Template for Educators.docx
Communication Resources for Web & Distribution
You don't need to create everything from scratch. These flyers, postcards, web tiles, and headers / footers can be easily used on your institutional web properties or distributed to generate excitement about the latest Blackboard Learn updates. The zip file below contains the following resources:
- Service Pack 10 Flyer (8.5 x 11)
- My Blackboard Flyer (8.5 x 11)
- My Blackboard (with Social Learning Tools) Flyer (8.5 x 11)
- "There's More to Learn" postcard
- My Blackboard postcard
- My Blackboard (with Social Learning Tools) postcard
- "See What's Better" web tile (GIF & JPG files)
- "There's More to Learn" web tile (GIF & JPG files)
- "Learning Gets Social" web tile (GIF & JPG files)
- Blackboard Learn Header & Footer graphics (JPG)
Communication Resources - Jan 2013.zip
End-User Feature Guides & FAQs
A detailed overview of each of the new end-user features and enhancements that are part of Service Pack 10 and beyond, which you can customize and combine to meet your institution's needs. Also, FAQ documents specific to the new My Blackboard.
End-User Feature Guide - SP10.docx
End-User Feature Guide - Video Everywhere.docx
End-User Feature Guide - Calendar.docx
End-User Feature Guide - Discussions.docx
End-User Feature Guide - Social Learning Tools.docx
My Blackboard FAQ for Students.docx
My Blackboard FAQ for Educators.docx
Video & Web Resources
Here are additional videos and web resources that we recommend you share with your students and educators.
- Educator YouTube Playlist - this playlist includes quick hit feature introduction videos focused on educators teaching with Blackboard
- Student YouTube Playlist - this playlist includes quick hit feature videos focused on students using Blackboard Learn
- IT Pro YouTube Playlist - this playlist includes quick hit feature videos focused on Blackboard Learn System Administrators and Instructional technologists
- "A Better Blackboard Learn Starts Now" Video - share this overview video to get educators and students excited about the enhanced Blackboard Learn
- "The Making of a Better Blackboard Learn" Video - share this video to give your educators and students a glimpse into how we created the latest version of Blackboard Learn
- On Demand Learning Center - this site provides comprehensive resources for how-to-videos and guides for educators and students
- 9.1 Feature Showcase - Dive deep into the individual features and workflows in Blackboard Learn 9.1, for all service packs. Forward this link to your faculty
- Client Impact Report - this report provides a visual overview of how 600+ institutions impacted the design of SP10, detailing new features and client testimonials on those features.
If you have any feedback regarding the tools you see on this page or if there is a tool that you would like us to add, please let us know.